The pages of the portal recolecta.fecyt.es have been designed and reviewed according to the guidelines defined in the document 'Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0', laid down by the WAI working group belonging to W3C. The objective of these guidelines is to facilitate access to the information offered on the internet to all citizens. The following measures were amongst those adopted:
- Images: Alternative versions have been included in text mode for graphs with relevant content.
Text size: The fonts used on the website have relative sizes, meaning that users can control text size with their browser.
- Increase text size: Press the 'Control' and '+' keys simultaneously.
Reduce text size: Press the 'Control' and '-' keys simultaneously.
Alternatively, the text size can be changed by pressing the ‘Control’ key and rolling the mouse scroll up and down.
- Return to original text size: Press the 'Control' and '0' keys simultaneously.
- Design, browsing and interactivity: We have tried to make browsing coherent throughout the portal, following the same structural layout on all pages. We have also avoided using Java script to interact with the site. In turn, the information has been separated from its graphical presentation allowing users to browse through contents at greater speed if they wish to do so, disabling the downloading of style sheets on their browser.
- Level of accessibility: The portal has been validated with the TAW tool and reviewed with different devices. The level of general accessibility reached is double-A (AA).