OPEN AIRE (Open Access Infraestructure for Research in Europe): is a project, under the seventh framework programme of the European Commission, which supports the application of Open Access in Europe.
It provides the resources to promote and realise the widespread adoption of Open Access policies.
OpenAIRE is a three-year project with three objectives:
- To build researcher support structures for the depositing of FP7 research publications through collaboration with 27 National Open Access Liaison Offices.
- To establish an online infrastructure (web portal) for access to scientific information.
- To foster the Open Access depositing of all scientific production generated within the framework of projects financed by the European Commission.
FECYT is the national helpdesk to support project implementation in Spain.
Via firstname.lastname@example.org FECYT gives support to:
- Researchers: informing them of clause 39 about the requirement to deposit their work in open access; giving support on intellectual property rights implementation to publish through the commercial route and in open access; and helping them where to deposit their work.
- Repositories: providing support and information, to the main guidelines for repositories, so they can become part of the group of repositories that accomplish OpenAIRE requirements of compatibility and interoperability.